Sink strainer installation method
Sink strainers are essential parts of every family, company and every field. However, hiring a plumber to install a sink strainer costs a lot of money. So we have to learn to install sink strainers by ourselves. Here are some methods about how to correctly install a kitchen sink strainer.
Stainless steel sink strainers installed in kitchen sink
Tools you should prepare
- Pipe wrench.
- Plumbers putty.
- Tissue or clean cloth.
- Use tissue or clean cloth to cleanse the top and bottom of the kitchen sink.
- Remove the nut and washer from the new sink strainer.
- Knead the plumbers putty into a line and stick it around the strainer.
- Place the strainer in the sink hole and press it hard to assure that there is no gap.
- Hold the strainer with one hand and reach the other hand underneath the sink to install the strainer body.
- Place the rubber gasket, friction ring and locknut over the bottom of the strainer in order.
- Use pipe wrench or plier to fix the parts.
- Connect the drainpipes.
- Cleanse the extra plumbers putty on the strainer.
- Turn on the tap and let water flow for a while to test if water can pass through without leaking.
- If there is no problem, drain the water.
- Do not use any type of caulking compound to replace plumbers putty.
- Better to use chrome-coated stainless steel or brass sink strainers rather than plastic ones. Plastic sink strainers are easy to loose and leak over time.
Inquiry for Our Product
Honesty & Faith Hardware Products Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements.
That will help us give you a valid quotation.